Friday, January 2, 2009

Hellogoodbye

Its 2009. A new year. A fresh start. However, I only say that because its what people want to hear and believe.

But truth be told, is there really such a thing as a fresh start? We carry along with us, the skeletons in our closet, the friendships of our past, and everything along the way. So what is this fresh start that we humans strive so hard to obtain?

Yes for most of us, a new year is a new experience. But in a lifetime, we don't get the chance to keep on wiping our slates clean, just because its the new year. We just don't.

I apologise for a rather somber post, but for some unexplained reason, I'm not feeling too good right now. I had an awesome New Year's. And I'm usually a very happy person. I guess I'm just waiting for things to fall into place. All I can do is wait.

The thing is, I'm not a very patient guy.

2 comments:

Priya said...

Is there anything as a fresh start?
Yes there is! Maybe not in terms of friendship and everything.
But during this time, most of us start designing our lives the way they want it to be.
We think of things we ought to do for ourselves.

Sigh.

I just couldn't see someone this "somber" on the new years!

Have an awesome 2009! :)

P.S. > very cool header!

Deepak Sidhu said...

Hey there. It was just a mood swing. I'm back to my usual happy self. Thanks for the input though.

You have an awesome 2009 too.